Copyright Notice and Disclaimers
OGC web site pages may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Specific notices do exist for OGC documents and software. Please see our Legal Disclaimers FAQ for common questions about using materials from our site.
1. Unless otherwise noted, all materials contained in this Site are copyrighted and may not be used except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the copyright notice (documents and software ) or other proprietary notice provided with the relevant materials.
2. The materials contained in the Site may be downloaded or copied provided that ALL copies retain the copyright and any other proprietary notices contained on the materials. No material may be modified, edited or taken out of context such that its use creates a false or misleading statement or impression as to the positions, statements or actions of OGC.
3. The name and trademarks of copyright holders may NOT be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to the Web site, its content, specifications, or software without specific, written prior permission. Title to copyright in Web site documents will at all times remain with copyright holders. Use of OGC trademarks and service marks is covered by the OGC Trademark and Service Mark License.
4. Caches of OGC materials should comply with the "maximum time to live" information provided with the materials. After such materials have expired they should not be served from caches without first validating the contents of the OGC Site. Mirroring of OGC content is currently disallowed.
5. The trademarks, logos, and servicemarks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc.. All use of the OGC Trademarks is governed by the OGC Trademark and Servicemark Guidance and Trademark and Service Mark License. No additional rights are granted by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. The following OGC Trademarks provides a list (though not necessarily comprehensive) of all OGC claims of OGC trademark or generic use:
Any questions concerning the use, status, or standing of OGC trademarks should be directed to: email@example.com or to OGC (Mark E. Reichardt), 35 Main Street, Suite 5 Wayland, MA 01778-5037 USA.
Non-OGC Trademarks & Member Trademarks
The trademarks, logos, and service marks not owned by OGC and that are displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered marks of their respective owners. No rights are granted by the OGC to use such marks, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise.
"METADATA" is a trademark of the Metadata Company. OGC uses the term "metadata" in a descriptive sense, meaning "data about data". OGC is not in any way affiliated with the Metadata Company.
6. OGC has not reviewed any or all of the web sites linked from this Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other web sites linked to this Site. Please understand that any non-OGC web site is independent from OGC, and OGC has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-OGC web site does not mean that OGC endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such site. It is the user's responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever is selected is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
7. Information OGC publishes on its Site may contain references or cross references to OGC specifications, projects, programs and services that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that OGC intends to announce such specifications, projects, programs or services in your country.
8. Information on this Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. OGC may make improvements and/or changes in the materials contained in or described on this site at any time without notice. OGC may also make changes in these Terms and Conditions without notice. User is bound by such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
ALL MATERIALS ON THE OGC SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." OGC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. AS TO DOCUMENTS AND GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE, OGC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE CONTENTS OF SUCH DOCUMENT OR GRAPHICS ARE FREE FROM ERROR OR SUITABLE FOR ANY PURPOSE; NOR THAT IMPLEMENTATION OF SUCH CONTENTS WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER RIGHTS.
IN NO EVENT WILL OGC BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF OGC IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OGC DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO USE OF OGC TRADEMARKS, INCLUDING ECONOMIC DAMAGES AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OGC SHALL BE ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
This formulation of OGC's notice and license became active on June 14, 2001. Please see our Copyright FAQ for common questions about using materials from our site. Other questions about this notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.